It’s a harsh reality: only 15% of organizations succeed at changing their culture. But, there is a silver lining. Of those that are successful, research has uncovered specific actions that prevail based on one of the largest studies ever conducted on corporate culture.
Kevin Oakes shared key findings and case studies from his new book, Culture Renovation™: 18 Leadership Actions to Build an Unshakeable Company. One of the bestsellers in multiple Amazon categories, the book provides a blueprint to plan, build, and maintain a renovation of corporate culture. At this session, we:
- Learned how to utilize 3 critical phases and 18 action steps to spearhead a culture renovation.
- Plan - how to listen to your employees, identify aspects of your culture to keep, and define the desired behaviors you want to see.
- Build - how to clearly communicate the coming change, ferret out skeptics early, establish a co-creation mindset, and provide training on desired behaviors.
- Maintain - how to execute actions that ensure structural soundness and longevity, renovate existing talent programs to reinforce the new culture, and monitor and measure success.
- Discussed the cutting-edge next practices that positively impact corporate culture.
- Identified ways to influence change throughout the workforce.
- Focused on the solutions that should be adapted for new cultural values and behaviors.
Dianne Gherson, former CHRO of IBM, joined us in the fourth quarter as our Get Real speaker of the month.