Jennifer Landis, SVP and CHRO at Black Hills Corporation, joined us on for i4cp’s CHRO Next Practices Monthly session on March 11, 2021.
Black Hills Corporation is a vertically integrated energy company with a mission of improving life with energy and a vision to be the energy partner of choice. Based in Rapid City, South Dakota, the company serves 1.2 million natural gas and electric utility customers in eight states. The company's non-regulated businesses generate wholesale electricity and produce natural gas and coal.
On this call, Jennifer shared insights about the challenges and opportunities that she and Black Hills leaders have encountered and leveraged as they pertain to DE&I, impacts of the pandemic, the recent ice storms across many of the regions Black Hills serves, as well as her own personal leadership story.
More specifically, Jennifer talks in depth about:
- Her personal journey from being one of very few females in a leadership position at Black Hills to being part of a small team helping to launch a women-focused ERG as well as other very impactful actions to increase female representation at all levels
- How she and her team have really taken huge strides forward in organizational understanding and focus of DE&I
- How Black Hills has handled the impact of the pandemic on their employees when so many of them are essential workers in the field – and how this changed even more during the recent wave of intense ice storms
- How Black Hills is working through the corporate/field divide which has become larger due to the pandemic
- The initial thoughts around Black Hills’ employees all returning to the workplace
- How the pandemic has opened up significant opportunities for radical change in Human Resources
It’s a very impactful and heart-forward session with a very inspirational leader.
About the CHRO Next Practices Monthly Series
A continuation of i4cp's popular Action call series, which began in March 2020 to help address the immediate needs of CHROs in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic, this monthly series features fantastic guests from some of the largest and most respected organizations in the world. It highlights next practices discovered in our research to help you navigate this next normal. We’ll also focus on the latest thinking from our Boards, which feature some of the top executives in the profession.
This month's featured guest is Jennifer Landis, SVP and CHRO of Black Hills Corporation,Read here