Thanks for helping to make our March 25th virtual Board meeting engaging, interactive, and thought-provoking. We received very positive feedback from several of you about our use of Zoom breakouts for 1:1 introductions and group discussion. In the spirit of helping you build connections and a strong sense of community, we will continue to use this feature in our upcoming meetings.
Here’s a brief summary of what was discussed and what’s next:
Leadership Redefined: Kari Naimon, Senior Research Analyst at i4cp shared the key findings from i4cp’s most recent study about the leadership behaviors that have become more important this past year and will continue in importance going forward. She focused her presentation on six key behaviors that have the greatest impact. Following that brief presentation, the Board was segmented into four distinct breakouts to discuss the implications at their organizations.
Business and Workforce Readiness: One of the key priorities this Board surfaced for 2021. Two of our Board members shared how their teams and organizations approach this work.
- Greg Till of Providence Health detailed the health system’s innovative approach to deconstructing work and reimagining its talent supply chain.
- Darian Rich of Barrick Gold detailed the firm’s award-winning approach to business sustainability and HR’s unique role in that equation.
- Please take the i4cp survey for its From Cube to Cloud survey by April 10th: https://buff.ly/3cgFSGh
- You are all invited to an exclusive, invitation-only discussion on April 15 (10am PT / 1pm ET) with Dr. Klaus Stöhr; a globally recognized expert in infectious disease who previously led the SARS and influenza unit at the World Health Organization, where he also led its pandemic preparedness. Attendance for this 60-minute discussion is limited, so please register as soon as possible: https://i4cp.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYucOuprDIrHtaE770bupZScwbQkU5YzF3h
- Next i4cp CHRO Board virtual meeting is May 20th. Central topic will be making good on DE&I pledges—another top priority for our Board this year.
Link to meeting archive and slide decks: March 2021 CHRO Board Meeting
- March 25th CHRO virtual board meeting
- i4cp slides on Leadership Redefined and new data about employer COVID vaccination policies
- Greg Till (Providence Health) slides
As always, should you have any questions or suggestions please let me know.
Take care and stay well.